Skip to main content

Meet MEC Outdoors New Sponsored Shooter


Hi! I’m Makayla Scott from White Sulphur Springs, WV. I am 16 years old, and I’m an avid sportswoman, clay shooter, and journalist. I am MEC Outdoors newest sponsored shooter! I’m so proud and excited to be a part of this awesome team! 

I started shooting shotgun at 12 with my older brother. At the time, I was quiet and introverted, and I had no expectations as to where shooting sports would lead me in the future. Now, not only am I a brave, new person- I have a job writing for Womens Outdoor News, and I am a sponsored shooter for both amazing companies of CZ-USA and MEC Outdoors!


I’m really looking forward to the future with MEC! Ever since I was 12, I have been helping my dad set machines for tournaments in exchange for practice rounds, and I worked with many other brands of machines. My first experience with MEC Machines was at my 4-H club when we bought two 300E Sporter machines, and I was amazed at their reliability and dependability. The machines were easy to adjust too, which made it so much safer to change the angles and directions of the targets easily with no problems. I was even more impressed with these machines when I was chosen for the Guinness World Record attempt. The machines threw over 20,000 targets and didn’t have a single issue the entire 12 hours.

Shooting sports is my true passion, and it’s a passion I want to share with the world. Teaming up with a company that shares the same passion as I do is so exciting! Please follow our first goal of the year to get my new practice field open (My field of Dreams.) After finishing our trap field, we have just begun to break ground on our skeet field! I can’t wait to get the houses done and those 2 300E Sporter Skeet machines set! This field is not only important to me, but to all our local youth teams who have lost their practice field. 

by Makayla Scott

Comments

  1. Great gal! A true ambassador for the sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to Mec CZ and Maakayla RC in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makayla visited our club last year and hope she makes it back to North Carilina in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. mining haul truck

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Q & A: Cameron Hicks, MEC Outdoors New Sponsored Shooter

MEC Outdoors is pleased to announce the talents of Cameron Hicks as an addition to the amazing line up of incredible shooters sponsoring the brand.  Currently, MEC Outdoors partners with several exceptional shooters such as Dave Miller, Dalton Kirchhoefer, Makayla Scott, Shari Legate, Travis Mears, Will Fennell, Dani Zeigler, Morgan Craft and Richard Marshall Jr. Cameron Hicks is a fast rising star within the disciplines of Sporting Clays and FITASC and most recently has gone head to head with legends like Anthony Matarese Jr. and Bill McGuire. He was M5 at Georgia State, M3 at the NE Regional, Won Bison Cup in Virginia, M1 at South Carolina State Championship, M4 at North Carolina State and won the 2020 Gamaliel Cup FITASC and most of those were just in the past few months! So you might be wondering, who is Cameron Hicks and what got him into this sport?  Recently, MEC Outdoors spoke to Cameron and answered this and more in an in-depth conversation about him, the sport, and why

Building A Skeet Field of Dreams Part 2

A lot has happened since my last post! Tons of schoolwork and practice.  With all the latest activities, the most exciting has been the Field of Dreams. We have both the skeet houses about 80% completed. That turned out be the easy part! There is a lot of planning and engineering that goes into a Skeet field, as we have learned. It’s not as simple as just building two houses. Everything must be on grade and all the angles correct.  Thankfully, two of our coaches have a background in engineering and survey, so they were able to lay everything out. This took a lot of time and extra careful planning and we got everything correct.  We are also thankful to have a few awesome carpenters on our team as coaches, and they have gotten the houses built. Recently, they got the stairs to the high house done, and will be putting rails on the stairs and top of the high house porch to make it safer to feed our MEC 300E Skeet Set machines dozens of boxes of White Flyer clays.